RALEIGH SUPER U REPRODUCTION BIB SHORTS

kettlo

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have been speaking to a custom clothing company with respect to making reproduction shorts. I know there are a number of people on here with a "thing" for the super U team.

I have a jersey but no shorts.....bigfatron has shorts and he sent me some pics of them I have produced artwork and am currently just checking out what interest there is for these. The more orders I can get then the cheaper the cost. Money of course would have to be upfront as I dont have it :D :D

Whos in?

Attachments

• shorts.jpg
    shorts.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,111
me, of course!
strangely I've just mentioned this in a pm to Martin (penfold)....
I'd be interested to know what their sizing is like, would you send me their details and I'll order pair in plain black. if their stuff is any good I'll have multiple pairs

would you like me to scan and send you the Castorama Raleigh shorts I have too?
richie

Definitely a pair (or 2) for me please...I too have a jersey but no shorts. Would have to be bib shorts for me, I have no desire to start using braces to hold my shorts up again! lol

Martin

Whoops...I have just bought myself a pair of vintage Sidi Revolution shoes to complete the look...what is wrong with me??? ;)

depending on the quality of the lycra and the pad I'd consider using them as my daily shorts, so for £45 a pair I'd perhaps take 10 pairs.
Stephen, do you know what the next order amount is where the price point drops?

Martin - you'll need at least two pairs of Revolution shoes, one pair might get wet and those leather insoles take about a week to dry out! I'm struggling to find the SiDi socks to properly complete the look...
richie

Sorry I havent updated this, been busy with me Merckx build......(take a look)

The price is working out at £45.00, if we order 10. If we order more they come down by about £2.50 each. I cant really vouch for the quality at this stage but I do know that they supply a number of local clubs to me. I will however ask for a sample if we decide to go ahead.

Any other takers out there?

Hi Stephen,
were the shorts going to be made in the old school 6 panel style?
If so, I'd be prepared to take 7 pairs - Martin taking 2 and you 1 I assume? - which would get us to our minimum order of 10.
if they aren't 6 panel I'll talk to Corinne Dennis, they might be able to help, but about £50 a pair I think
I haven't had a chance to scan the Castorama shorts, been away on holiday for the last two weeks, but I'll send you that as soon as I can.
Richie

Back