Colnago Star Fork - long steerer

malley

Dirt Disciple
I have been tweaking my position a little over the last few months and come to the conclusion that I need a higher front end to be comfortable. I have my favourite bike I've ever owned - a C40 - and want to keep with it. However, the original STAR fork was cut down for the previous rider and does not have enough steerer. Anyone have one that they are running with way too much steer above the stem? Want to trade/come to some arrangement?!?!?!

I only ask as these seem to keep their price and can't really afford to buy another.

Will post some dimensions asap.

Cheers.

Try a BBB steerer extender - like a quill stem without the L shaped bit to hold the bars. Slots into the exsiting steerer and allows up (I guess) about 4" of extension.

Have one in my refurbed Superissimo and in my Vernon Barker MTB

Their website doesn't say you can't...
I would contact them before committing. http://bbbcycling.com/bike-parts/headset-parts/BHP-21

You'd have to remove the star fangled nut / bung that's already in the steerer. It works exactly like an old school quill stem, with a wedge that is pulled up a chamfer. Can't imagine it would do any more damage than a bung / star fangled nut.

But then I'm an IT Manager, not a an engineer...

Back