Unknown Titanium Frameset - Please help? Versteege?

vrcorrado

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Hi there, I wonder if anybody can help. I recently brought a very nice titanium frame. The biggest drawback is the original laquer and decals are coming off, so I would like to strip it all and then get some suitable new ones. The frameset is branded "Versteege", these are a smallish but well respected bike shop in Holland I think. Could they have made a titanium framset - my guess would be that they brought them from a larger manufacturer and then branded them and finished them. I have put a few pictures on, I have now just about striped the frame of components (the BB was a nightmare - I really thought the frame would be scrap!). I can take a few more pictures of specifics if anybody has any ideas. There is no branding or stamps at all on the frame, just the number 0042 on the rear dropout.

Lastly, if I can't find anything further, I will have to get som custom made Vesteege decals made up. Does anybody have any recommendations?

Many Thanks, Stuart

Attachments

• 0.JPG
    0.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 498
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 498
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 498
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 496
Versteege is a shop in Zandvoort, NL. They are family of Vertex (now defunct) - importer/distributor of Merlin, Serotta, Mountain Goat, Fat Chance, Yeti and much more for NL. Doubt whether you have a Merlin there, but who knows.

That's a very nice looking bike.
Did you find out the manufacturer of the bike as it's the sort of thing I'm after.

Back