Campagnolo Pedal Toe Clip Fixing Shoe Plates & Screws

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
They look like the screw on attachments for the rear of pedals, the idea was you used them to flip the pedal up so you could get you feet into the toe-clips. Many pedals had them built in. That's what they look like to me LOL

Shaun

Midlife":21h32tmy said:
They look like the screw on attachments for the rear of pedals, the idea was you used them to flip the pedal up so you could get you feet into the toe-clips. Many pedals had them built in. That's what they look like to me LOL

Shaun

That is what I was hoping someone would say as some bright spark has filed off said protrusions on my pedals.

I've seen these fitted to the inside of the FRONT pedal plate. Not sure why but it's on more than one occasion!

Old Ned":2wp37rd2 said:
I've seen these fitted to the inside of the FRONT pedal plate. Not sure why but it's on more than one occasion!

They seem shaped to do that. Plus on an 80s toe clip there is an identical tab on the toe clip so what is the purpose?

You can see where the tab is here. So why would you need this tab?

pedals8.jpg

Montello":lnn7pqi1 said:
Old Ned":lnn7pqi1 said:

They seem shaped to do that. Plus on an 80s toe clip there is an identical tab on the toe clip so what is the purpose?

To stop you jamming your toe inside the front of the pedal while sliding your foot in? Something I've never experienced in all the years I used toeclips!

Old Ned":1wpjty3k said:
Montello":1wpjty3k said:
Old Ned":1wpjty3k said:

To stop you jamming your toe inside the front of the pedal while sliding your foot in? Something I've never experienced in all the years I used toeclips!

If that were the case why make the tabs to be used without toe clips?

pedals8.jpg

That's the right place to fit them, the back of the front plate. The idea is it helps to get your foot into the pedal as there's no chance of the front of your shoe hitting the back of the front plate. Campagnolo toeclips had them already built-in but Christophe and others didn't.

They wouldn't work if fitted to the back plate as a "flip up tab" cuz they would get in the way of your shoe plates.

That is a the best explanation I have seen so far.

To work as pedal flippers they would been to be bent and fitted the other way ... watch this space ...

Back