Team Raleigh Regina Freewheel Problem

Mapturner

Dirt Disciple
Hello - looking for some help with the 6 speed Regina freewheel on my Raleigh. It has been taken apart and re-tightened but the 3rd sprocket is moving off centre after a few rides and getting closer to the 4th sprocket causing the chain to jump - just looking for reasons why it is moving off centre - any ideas appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 319
Well it was taken apart by the guy who built the bike up initially and then when the problem occurred it was taken to a lbs who unscrewed the cogs and re-tightened and told me it looked complete and again was good for a couple rides but the cog has now shifted over again...maybe I need to split it up an take a pic...see if any of you guys can help..

Thanks

That's a bit odd, it's impossible to crush a spacer so something is missing / back to front / ......

Shaun

Very odd indeed - like i said it is fine at first with the freewheel sprockets all tightened up and perfectly aligned then that 3rd sprocket slowly starts shifting towards the 4th sprocket. I thought the first 2 smaller sprockets are screw on and the rest are splined ,so no idea how any of them could move once tightened..

Back