Identification help required please on this frame.

Antiquekona

Retrobike Rider
Hi. We would very much appreciate any help on this frame recently purchased regarding age, make etc etc.

Hope someone out there can help. Many Thanks - John.

Looks sort of French 70's to me, not sure why. Spanish suff (Zeus) often landed on french frames. Wonder what the BB is? Mind you the sticker is in English. The 72 stamped on the lug is the frame angle.

Not been much help really apart from looking 70's .......

Shaun

I have seen John's frame and it would be nice if someone could shed some more light on it, the tree shaped head badge for one?

Looks like Midlife cracked the case.. Same (complete) headbadge can be seen in his first link.
I reckon late 60s or early 70s, with that Reynolds decal. Zeus on a British bike always makes you think of Ron Kitching... when did he start importing these dropouts?

Ron Kit imported all sorts of things and was certainly importing Zeus when I started in the mid early / mid 70's so perhaps earlier.

Ron Kit never made frames that I knew of, he had them imported or built for him and painted.

I saw Beryl Burton on a Ron Kit frame (don't ask me why he chose green) but pound to a penny it was made by Woodrup (who made Hugh Porter / Bantel) or similar.

Similarly we had frames built by "Jobbing builders" in the 60's at Cliff Pratt and we put our names on them (before my time)

Wonder if BCM stands for BOCAMA?

Shaun

When I saw the start of the thread I was going to say Tierney was a small Liverpool builder - and then the photo link appeared. Going by the BB fittings etc. I would say 1960's?

EDIT - more like '70's with the lack of braze-ons and the over-bracket guides.

I know a man who might know more so if I can get hold of him - I might be back!

Back