The best 700c x 23mm Amber Wall Clincher Tyres?

Robbied196

Senior Retro Guru
What would you choose?

There doesn't seem to be much choice, I've seen Panaracer and Michelin but I'm not sure they look right.

Any suggestions welcome if you've found something that looks good and is still available. A photo would be even better.

These listings of photoshop cut out tyres, not on wheels don't help very much.

Hi, with Michelin Hi Lite (my favourite rubber) getting very scarce for everyday riding I bought a pair of Michelin Dynamic Classic (700x23) for my Raleigh 531. Despite the rather prominent branding I think they look pretty good, they ride well and so far are puncture free...I'll post up two pics of my 531 with the all black and the tan wall Michelins for comparison.

Martin

Before -

After -

Michelin Dynamics are OK, but less-than-stellar in the wet in my experience.
I'm using Challenge Fortes at the moment, which are good quality "open tubulars" (just a posh name for clincher really) which look & feel great, but aren't the hardest-wearing so maybe not for everyday use. Planet X often have them (or the slightly superior Criterium) on offer for around £20 a pop, but looks like they only have white-walls in stock at the moment.

Good evening,

I have recently bought a few of these Michelins from Decathelon - around £9 each if memory serves me right -

I have no info on wear etc as they have had minimal use but i got a set for another RBer who has used his more and he says they are good.

Richard

I went through the same dilemma for the ALAN and decided that modern amber wall tyres didn't look right so just stuck with black

Robbie,

For balance - here is the same bike with a black tyre on it -

Richard

Schwalbe Lugano is another skinwall option, but they are quite heavy (320g), not really a lightweight racing tyre under 230g, more of a winter or training tyre.

Lugano%20beige.jpg

Is there an amber wall clincher tyre on the market weighing 230g for a 700 x 20 or 700 x 23 then?

I use michelin pro race ivory and yellow walls, they dont look too modern but i'd prefer amber walls.

CC9B4371-258C-4866-A6FD-76B44CEDB843-380-00000019BAC269C5.jpg

495F15FF-6ACA-47AC-92E5-476666969EDC-9833-0000114A8B65E345.jpg

I wondered about the Michelin Lithion but couldn't work out if it was way too yellow on the sidewall.....

Shaun

Back