Info on Condor 531 Reynolds Competition

peteranker

Retro Newbie
Hello bike lovers,

I bought this second hand bike, and I would like to find out more about the frame.
Any idea of the weight (its a 57 st with 56cm tt), is the fork original? The year of production?
The bike is equipped with campagnolo 9 speed, Xenon with some Mirage. In this actual configuration it weighs 10kg spot on.
Was the bike designed as a racing bike, or a as a tourer?

The BB code is 7173.
And the BB shell has RGF stampped on a side.
The rear fork dropouts have Condor stamped on it.
I attached some photos.

I've also mailed CondorCycles, I hope they reply.

Help me out!
Thank you!

imgp7964d.jpg

imgp7954.jpg

imgp7953.jpg

imgp7963e.jpg

imgp7962.jpg

imgp7961.jpg

imgp7960v.jpg

imgp7959.jpg

imgp7958.jpg

imgp7957.jpg

imgp7956b.jpg

imgp7955c.jpg

Looking at the short rear stays and tight rear wheel-seat tube clearances it looks more oriented towards the racing end of the spectrum than the touring end. Can't quite tell from the pics but it looks like there s just enough clearance.for lightweight mud guards so would perhaps make a nice Audax style machine, though without eyelets you'll need the guards (whose name eludes me) that clip to the stays.

Looks like a nice bike. A bit of patina, but still very presentable an useable.

Design of the frame (under bb guides, top tube guides, allen key brakes, fork design, band on front mech) sort of place it mid 80's.

Nice and neat frame :D deffo not a tourer, built as a combo road / training bike.

Shaun

RGF is the bottom bracket shell manufacturer Gargette Bros (Raccord Gargette Freres)
These BB shells were used by many different frame manufacturers all over Europe so not a lot of use really

6985600882_eff732d10f_c.jpg

I'd guess from the Reynolds stickers and components as an early/mid nineties model.

A nice looking bike - I think it's more race orientated than touring with the choice of tubing, lack of mudguard braze ons and tight geometry on the back end.

(Could you do something about the quick release on the front wheel - it's on back to front and upside down ! :)

If it was mid 90's then I'd have thought that it might have had internal cable routing and vertical dropouts.......

Shaun

Thanks for all the input!

I also think its mid 90s.
The rear fork is 130 mm.
The first ergopower 8 speed was in 92, this one is 9speed xenon (don't know when the xenon first appeard).
The front forks dropouts dont have lawyer tabs. - maybe he fork is not that modern.

I just got to bike, took some fast photos and uploaded here.
Im in the process of cleaning/greasing/ etc.
So the qr position is temporary.

I've got a stuck seatpost. Got some wd40 in there, but no luck, guess its a job for the bench vise.
The seatpost is an original Condor, anyone knows the length of the damn thing?

I've seen some frames that have been ruined and fit only for scrap because the seized seat post has been stuck in a vice to apply leverage...Proceed with caution or better still take it to someone who knows what they are doing

Back