Which Brake Cables

Matt_wood55

Senior Retro Guru
I am just buying up the last few parts to complete a build. What brake cables to people now fit to retro builds if they cannot get originals? I was looking for Campag C_Record in white, but can't find any.

What alternatives are there?

Cheers
Matt

Yes, some people do take the piddle when stuff gets in short supply. Keep an eye on Ebay as you never know what will pop up, I got my pearl C Record set for a fraction of that price but to be honest you'd be just as well going to your LBS and buying lined white cable by the metre.

M

chaps - i bought from this chap -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAKE-HOUSING ... 589ee66ffb

it's the real mccoy.
if you can stand the postage cost - or as an alternative i need some more (i'd go for two sets), so if you wanted to ask him to combine postage we could split an order?
just got to put your usual inners in then.

how are the super u builds going? any pictures?
i have frame pictures to post for your enjoyment soon, but how about this for schoolboy hero worship?!

richie

Attachments

• fanboy.jpg
    fanboy.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 141
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
bigfatron":2s3chha3 said:
chaps - i bought from this chap -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAKE-HOUSING ... 589ee66ffb

it's the real mccoy.
if you can stand the postage cost - or as an alternative i need some more (i'd go for two sets), so if you wanted to ask him to combine postage we could split an order?
just got to put your usual inners in then.

how are the super u builds going? any pictures?
i have frame pictures to post for your enjoyment soon, but how about this for schoolboy hero worship?!

richie

Hi Richie, my Super U build is done, see pics here - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=249863&start=15

I'm keen to find myself some Super U shorts, I lent mine to a mate (along with the matching jersey and a pair of Look PP56 pedals) 20 years ago and have never seen him, or them, since!

Martin

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back