Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:59 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:53 pm 
Old School Hero

I've paid about £25 for PM to deliver 2x parcels (2x wheels in one, frame and bits in other) with £300 insurance; delivery from midlands to south coast. They turned up refusing to pick up the parcels, with the courier saying they were the wrong size.

When I contacted PM, they said the delivery did not go ahead as they picked up the parcels and they were found to be overweight at their depot - it is now considered a returned parcel and they are refusing a refund.

The parcels never left my house!

I've asks for a refund which they are refusing.

Do NOT use parcelmonkey, they're a useless excuse for a company. No service whatsoever.

Any ideas on how to further a complaint for services not rendered? They don't strike me as a listening company, and I want my £25 worth.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:34 pm 
Retro Guru

Never heard of them. Reading their T&C's there isn't a specific clause that relates to your circumstances. However, in order to enter into a legal agreement with them you must have ticked the "I agree...." box. Section 10 states you can receive a full refund if you cancel before the package is collected - or if you cancel after the agreed collection date it will cost you £6 but whether this means they will return the £19 you would be due is very unclear.

I'm assuming this isn't just about the monies though, as non-one wants to be left feeling like they've been completely mugged off! I've been on end of similar service with Yodel and by the end it wasn't worth the time or effort in pursuing recompense. Faceless companies who simply don't give the customer his standard statutory rights by hiding behind websites and over zealous T&C's.

Best of luck but don't hold your breath on a satisfactory outcome if the two sides of the argument so far are complete polar opposites - common ground is usually found at the top of their hill!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:26 pm 
Retro Guru

'Parcelmonkey'??? is this some sort of joke. Who would call their company that? I'm laughing my ass off.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:20 pm 
Retro Guru

Parcelmonkey are just the agent, they don't collect or deliver parcels. The company collecting is more likely to be City Link or Yodel, you could try approaching them directly. You do need to specify the right dimensions and weight or, if you read the small print, they can refuse to collect. The irony is if you add a few cm's to the dimensions and a kilo to the weight, the quote is often the same amount!

If your sending a complete bike it would be better in a normal bike box, around 140cm x 20cm x 75cm. The one box would be around £25

They are one of the largest parcel agents in the country, but I'd try going direct to the company you booked to collect.