Can anyone recommend new clipless pedals around £50?

rusty bodie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
a friend of mine needs a pair of clipless pedals for the lovely wee concorde
bike that she just bought. i am totally out of touch with modern components
so could you recommend new ones around the £50 mark or even decent
second hand ones that can be used on modern shoes? oh and ideally
in red, for some reason!

1.jpg

thanks,

craig

On my 2011 Basso I use Shimano SPD's......pedals cheap as chips and easy (ish) to swivel out of but the shoes are a bit pricey and the sizes need care as the jap feet seem a lot smaller than mine :)

Shaun

Shimano SPD's are a good intro into clipless and easily found for the sub £50 budget, I have found that shimano shoes seem to vary in width 'fitting' sizes dependant on model, The MT22 is fairly wide and of course there are other brands that are SPD cleat compatible. Crank bros. 'egg beaters' are good if you need more movement to alleviate muscular stress or into insanely long distance cycling (150miles+ in one go) my brother has moved over to egg beaters for both these reasons, he's doing the Fred Whitton this year.

If they must be red, then Look spring to mind.

Modern road pedals use a three bolt cleat mounting system with cleats specific to the pedals; ie different manufacturers use different cleats and one won't necessarily fit another, although there is some cross-compatibility with the leading types such as Shimano or Look.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
thanks for all your suggestions, folks. she won these pedals on ebay
and i'm wondering what cleats go with them?

T2eC16VHJHgE9n0yFjoBRWJqgesQ60_12.jpg

i was thinking perhaps these would work - ideally the ones that allow the heel to float
rather than the rigid type...any ideas?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CarbonCycles- ... 2c68420f62

Back