Please help me identify a (kevlar?) disc wheel I just bought

Stempie

Retro Guru
Hi guys,

Yesterday I picked up the disc wheel you can see below. I was hoping you could help me identify it.

According to the seller the wheel is at least 20 years old, but that was pretty much all he knew about the wheel. The wheel belonged to his father, but he is not alive anymore. Apparently he had the wheel stashed away in the addict in its original packaging since he got it. When I told the seller the wheel might by Russian built, he told me he remembered his father having a good Russian friend, so that might explain him having a Russian built wheel.

The wheel looks to be NOS, since there is no tire glue on it. Judging from the color I would say it is made from kevlar. Hub spacing is 130 mm, so it was probably made for use in a time trial bike. The wheel appears to be solid, but since the weight is just 1125 gr. I guess it is filled with foam.

Any ideas?

660120398_o.jpg

660120409_o.jpg

660120428_o.jpg

660120440_o.jpg

660120454_o.jpg

Re: Please help me identify a (kevlar?) disc wheel I just bo

i think you are right in saying it is russian made. there was a company called juna selling them in the 90,s. and just remeber the brakes dont work in the wet

The Juna wheels were sold by Mike Dyason / Ozzo - he's since retired sold the business on but the new company might have info. InMotionProducts.com

There is a Juna disc on this bike of mine. It was definitely carbon not kevlar but I suppose they might have made different versions.

Attachments

• CompleteBuzzMay11.1.A.jpg
    CompleteBuzzMay11.1.A.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 319

Not sure on the Jura brand either, since I can't find any information on kevlar wheels made by this company. It isn't Fluidisk, since I have a Fluidisk lying around somewhere and it looks totally different. Maybe CCCP?

FWIW the wheel is made with carbon - Kevlar (aramid) fibre is a natural straw colour

Back