Easter Holidays - kids and bikes FREE COURSE

TGR

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Apologies for not posting this last week, i have been ill with man-flu!!

Last Thursday, i took my 6yr old daughter to our local Halfords as i had received an email that they were running a kids bike club.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, we were the only ones there - the courses cater for a specific number of kids and at ours the other children's parents had made a mistake booking their places and they thought the shop was in Dublin and not Ballymena - a gap of 120 miles!!

Anyways, the two Halfords guys did a presentation about checking bikes and looking after them - how to clean and how to lubricate. They also showed how to fix a puncture - which perhaps some adlults might need!! It lasted about 30 mins and my daughter got a book showing the things they had taught and a couple of gifts - puncture repair kit and a few other things. At the end she got a certificate - which she is proud of!! Finally, Halfords provided a free kids meal in McD's for her - i had to pay for mine :(

The following day, she was with me in the garage cleaning and polishing her bike - i am not sure if she will keep that up though.

For all you parents with time to waste - check out the Halfords website for more info - they are running the courses on 3 dates over the holidays and maybe more if there is a demand for them.

I know Halfords gets a bad press but this was excellent and the two guys - Ian and Scott, were great with my daughter. I would say that it is for a slightly older child but as we were alone they were able to keep my daughter an I occupied. She was able to tell them i was "obsessed with RetroBike" - the truth hurts!!!!

I hope someone tries this as this took me a while typing!!!

More Easter regards,

Richard

Re: Easter Holidays - kids and bikes

Won't be trying it as my kids are too old and have so little interest in bikes of any sort it breaks my heart.

Sounds like a good deal though. How much was it? If you don't mind me asking...

Re: Easter Holidays - kids and bikes

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh FFS i knew i forgot something - apologies all -

IT IS FREE!!!

I should have mentioned that.

Richard

Back