BCD - DURA ACE 7400 SERIES

FINNEY1973

Senior Retro Guru
Afternoon people,

Need to replace the chain-rings on a 7400 series crankset - inner one is worn, outer has a broken tooth. Bit of conflicting info out there on the www - velobase says 130BCD which was my original thought, but when double-checking i've seen comments about 135BCD? Anyone able to confirm which is correct please?

Also, I'm assuming I can only go 53-42 so that the set up isn't compromised?

And finally - I want black chain-rings - any knowledge of brands / retailers that will fit the bill?

Many thanks... :)

that's the stuff Shaun, velobase says 130 on both chainring & crankset and had no reason to question this until I read a couple of forum pieces (not RB) that suggested 135 was in fact correct. caused me to ask the question on here before I spend my monies.

There's a black 1st gen 52 tooth 130 BCD chainring on e-bay at the moment............bit tatty though :(

Shaun

I had 39-50 on my commuting bike with 7402. I don't think you can go much smaller with that BCD though.

was running the same - 50 / 39 - (and on 7402 - not 7400 as the title suggests :facepalm: )

scouring the www for black for both chainrings - BBB do some but the outer I have is BBB and it's lost a tooth right on the bevel edge so once bitten twice shy on using them again. Hasn't seen that many miles so not sure how it's snapped.

Back