Rebuild has started on my Tommasini

Daddy-Cool

Dirt Disciple
Well after what seems for ever i have finally got all the the bits to put my Tommasini back on the road.
I am just waiting for a Tommasini sk2 saddle to come from Italy and a pair of Record deltas from the states.Then all being well i will be riding it (weather permiting) next sunday.

Her are a few pics for you,

TommoRebuild013.jpg

TommoRebuild015.jpg

TommoRebuild016.jpg

The bike will be built with a mix of 8 speed record.chorus and athena.In the long term the chorus and athena will be replaced with record as and when i can find suitable parts.
TommoRebuild017.jpg

TommoRebuild019.jpg

TommoRebuild021.jpg

TommoRebuild022.jpg

Bet that looks stunning in the sunshine :) my Tommasini will be coming out of hibernation soon :)

Same as yours but in red and built up with a mix of Record and Chorus ;) it gets laid up over winter but is my main road bike through the summer :)

Only trouble is they always draw crowds whenever you stop :D

That is going to be absolutely drop-dead gorgeous! I like the fade/herring-bone type finishes. They typify the era exactly.

I would really like an early 80's Italian frame - and the spare cash to properly equip it!

Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Done a bit more tonight fitted new saddle(not the Tommasini one thats still on its way from italy).
All cable outers and Tommasini bar tape fitted.
Just need the new brake pads and 8 speed Rholf chain which are both on there way from Holland.

A few pics,

TommoRebuild011.jpg

TommoRebuild012.jpg

TommoRebuild013-1.jpg

It's worth having a word with your local tool stockest I got a 3.5mm allen key for 0.80p there's nothing special about them - as some adverts on ebay would have you believe....

Back