just in - F.Moser Alu Gara

Synthesis

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
this is up for sale, and i´m intrigued

90377077_11032013205059_4392_3.jpg

Looking for year made, and maybe a catalog scan.

Re: F.Moser age and/or catalog pics.

Temptation was too great, and the price low so I went for it. Will update with pics when I collect it tomorrow.

Is that one of the Moser's that needs a quill type seat post?

Shaun

So here are some pics. of the Moser:

20130406_193708_zpsc58d9eba.jpg

20130406_193719_zps05d32b91.jpg

20130406_193714_zps281b284b.jpg

Dirty, but that was to be expected with the weather we are having. Front hub bearings needs adjusting, or replacing. Left brifter won´t hold front mech. on large chainring. but... other than that it´s in good nick.

Why are there no saddle, I hear you ask? well seller wanted to keep that, and since that meant getting
it cheaper, I did not mind.

Thought I would just share this. The Problem with F.Moser frames from the mid 90´s is that many of them uses a quill type seatpost, as many of you surely knows (this is also used by Pinarello on the Kera lite frame, and on certain Lemond frames) If the seatpost is missing, you are in trouble, replacement is rare and often expensive. I think I have found a solution, well for my frame at least:

812610_1.jpg

Xtreme WCR seat tube clamp Double Clamp

http://www.rosebikes.dk/article/xtreme-wcr-seat-tube-clamp-double-clamp/aid:255007

I do have the original seatpost for my frame, but it weighs a ton, and is not in a good shape. Also, I like to ride with zero seatback. This gives you the freedom to select the seatpost you want

As I wrote further up "Left brifter won´t hold front mech. on large chainring" I´m in the cleaning phase of the renovation of the bike, and I got the brifter working again, by taking it apart and clean all the old grease out. Oil up all pinion points, and _Bob´s our uncle.

All cleaned up, previous owner had used some lubricant that had dried up over time so it took some time to get off.

wheels and tires cleaned up nicely too. Still waiting on Seat clamp and Seatpost + Stem I bought from a forum member.

Back