Has this saddle been tensioned...a little or a lot

sawston_vulcan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This saddle [Swift Ti] was not bought from anyone on RB

It's nose was twisted and was very generously repaired by Brooks for free.

The they put in a new tension pin and shackle and pinched the nose.

Here is a pic of the tension pin at this very moment in time.

Based its position....would any hazard a guess as to whether the saddle has received a little or lot of tensioning?.....The seller told me the saddle was purchased in December 2012.....I bought the saddle this month.....That makes the saddle about 4 months old.

8601082112_3aa0d3a58a_d.jpg

I have a 10 year-old Pro with the shackle in about the same position as yours- It has been tensioned once by me. The first centimetre of the pin is unthreaded on that saddle though, so the shackle was close to the end of it's thread when the saddle was new. That probably doesn't help you much...You'd need to know whether Brooks ever use that first cm. of thread, available on your saddle, but not on mine. If they don't, then I'd say your saddle hasn't been tensioned much.

yup
thats been adjusted, i'd say a lot more than necessary for its alleged age
no wonder it twisted

here's what you want, my swift. 4 years old, adjusted once.

Attachments

• swift.jpg
    swift.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 194
torqueless":zupc2g0n said:
I have a 10 year-old Pro with the shackle in about the same position as yours- It has been tensioned once by me. The first centimetre of the pin is unthreaded on that saddle though, so the shackle was close to the end of it's thread when the saddle was new. That probably doesn't help you much...You'd need to know whether Brooks ever use that first cm. of thread, available on your saddle, but not on mine. If they don't, then I'd say your saddle hasn't been tensioned much.

The pin on the Swift Ti is threaded all the way...no un-threaded portion whatsoever.

pondlife":1xg3123h said:
yup
thats been adjusted, i'd say a lot more than necessary for its alleged age
no wonder it twisted

here's what you want, my swift. 4 years old, adjusted once.

PM sent....to be sure is yours a Ti Swift too?

Back