WEALTH WARNING

half cog

Senior Retro Guru
Hi.
As most of us buy and sell odd bits when needed it may be worth noting the new postal charges.Sent a saddle out this morning. Cost me £2.20 on a ten pound saddle. After the 2nd of April that would be classed as a small package and charged at £5.20.Add pay pal and you have just over £4 left.Those selling low value bits priced including postage need to beware.They are using a letter box type guage system so if your package is below 450x350x80mm I am told the rates dont change much at all.Above that you are in for a nasty shock.It may be that in some cases it would only work if the postage was split between buyer and seller. having decided to do this they still have no flyers with the new charges on and they take effect in a weeks time. Suggest you take a look at any listings you may have that include postage before accepting a sale or pricing an item up
Regards
Peter

Yes thanks for the heads up.

With the vast majority of sales being made online now and many of the big companies offering free postage (which obviously they/ we still pay for) it was only a matter of time before postage costs went up as RM try to cope with all the demand....

Just look at the postage rates increases from the US! Used to buy a load of vinyl overseas but looks like that party's over now....

I think it's the cost of fuel that's driven postage prices up and it's not just limited to the UK. My wife used to work as an accountant at Royal Mail looking after the finances for their fleet and the fuel bill is unbelievable.

Saying that their pricing by volume drives me nuts as it will cost the same to send some handlebar tape as a book weighing a kilogram.

(Here's a link to a PDF file with their prices on: http://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/ ... l2013b.pdf )

vivelesalpes":1kh9rxkf said:
bagpuss":1kh9rxkf said:
Good news for local shops then.Use em or lose em.

Problem is a lot of LBS's aren't interested in anything that's black or carbon.

Really :shock: Please tell mine...cos they have loads.....Have you missed ....NOT ;)

New Postage Costs

Afternoon all,

I hope you are enjoying Easter - i am stuck in bed with man-flu - typical!!!

I have read on another forum that postage costs are going up - small items are going to be more expensive to post. I do not want to link to this other forum as i think it would be 'bad form' but perhaps there are some postal employees here who could enlighten everyone to the new charges.

I think that impact of these rises will be that people selling will obviously have to increase prices and there was some suggestion that all quoted prices should include postage instead of £X + postage it would be £Y inc postage.

Another expense to deal with!! I spoke to my local post office and the changes but they had not received all the blurb, they did say that they thought that larger items may actually be cheaper after 2nd April - so maybe it is not all bad.

Thanks all,

Richard

p.s. cough, splutter, sneeze etc etc

It's already noted on this thread which now we're able to merge threads I've put them together. How wonderful :)

Back