The bike is finally finished. I wouldn't call it restored, that was never my intent. The whole idea of the project was to make a bike that was safe for my 310 mile charity ride, but had to cost nothing to complete. I can honestly say the bike wouldn't have looked this good without the parts donations from bagpuss and johntomjoe.
The forks were originally chrome and I was going to use some chrome tape, but as the chrome was in such a poor condition I went for respraying with the only red spray, a suprisingly good match
The rear derallieur cleaned up well and johntomjoe supplied a Sachs front derallieur to replace the no make one on the bike
Brake calipers were altenburger centre pull, when I cleaned them the rear had a crack so was replaced with a weinmann.
The bike came with a Brooks Pro Saddle so wife cleaned it up.
The yellow cable outers and brake blocks were donated by Bagpuss, everything else came out of my spares boxes or were on the bike when it arrived. Tyres are Michelin World Tour donated by my Carlton, along with the wheels as they had the quick release system for the single wheel trailer, wheels and tyres were put on Carlton for selling.
So here's the finished bike, prior to fitting bags, lights etc