Help with re build.....

antozzi48

Dirt Disciple
So I've pretty much got my frame stripped and I still don't know what way to go with the re spray. I'm 90% sure it's a Rourke frame and I'm 90% sure the current finish is original, do I have it sprayed with Rourke decals in a Rourke-esque style or done as it is now so it looks like (I think) it did new? What da ya think??

Attachments

• carless.jpg
    carless.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 187
Not a fan of putting the wrong decals on, BITD we didn't sell replacement decals to people who couldn't produce provenance for the frame they were going on.

Cracking looking frame, why are you re-spraying it?

Shaun

Who owns the bike? That should answer your query. It is in your hands and yours only, if you know it is something and you paint it in that particular style - so be it, if you want something else and you want it in that style - so be it. The choice is yours.

Good job on the stripping - a lot of work?

I have a similar problem with choice on one of my frames and i am still pondering.

Richard

Midlife":3iifyzs5 said:
Not a fan of putting the wrong decals on, BITD we didn't sell replacement decals to people who couldn't produce provenance for the frame they were going on.

Cracking looking frame, why are you re-spraying it?

Shaun

If it was in a bit better shape i'd have left it but there are quite a few bubbles in the paint and the lacquer has turned to dust so the decals are falling off...... Oh yeah, and i want it to look pretty! :D

Back