Raleigh Ilkeston Reunion

Raleighmad

rBotM Winner
I would just like to invite anyone who would like to come along to the Raleigh Ilkeston bike reunion which will be held on Saturday the 20th April at the Gardeners public house in Asworth / Ilkeston from about 12 noon onwards.
I will be taking about 6 Raleigh bikes from my collection, there will also be other Raleigh enthusiasts bikes.
Come along and meet the men that made these wonderful machines

Raleighmad":2hwdqggj said:
I would just like to invite anyone who would like to come along to the Raleigh Ilkeston bike reunion which will be held on Saturday the 20th April at the Gardeners public house in Asworth / Ilkeston from about 12 noon onwards.
I will be taking about 6 Raleigh bikes from my collection, there will also be other Raleigh enthusiasts bikes.
Come along and meet the men that made these wonderful machines
I would like to come along - on a Mercian though as my Raleigh as at the in laws in Germany (better weather for it there, 30°C for 4 months in the summer!)

If i am not working i will come and see the collection.Please if it is up and running will my Giro d' Italia be allowed in?

I'm sorry but due to the size of the venue and that this is a public house there is not enough room for other bikes other than Raleighs but in saying that I would like to see if we could organise a annual event of retro bikes

There will be at least 10 team bikes that I know of, I have been contacted by the marketing director at Raleigh and they are coming along with some of their bikes from head office . Cycling world will also be there to take photos for a forth coming issue of the magazine.

fantastic!! and for those of us who are not lucky enough to attend, will you be posting
photos of said gathering and all those precious metals?!

:cool:

I will take photos this year. Raleigh are coming along to see if they can make it into a bigger yearly event. Ltd hope so

just make sure they don't try and swamp your bash with their modern rubbish as a marketing stunt - i wouldn't put it past them..

:roll:

Who knows it could even lead to Raleigh building high end bikes in the UK again.With to present boom in cycling it could do well. :idea:

Back