Old team water bottles

Doubledee

rBotM Winner
I'm looking for an old KAS team water bottle from the 1980's Sean Kelly era, white with the KAS logo on it. Does anyone know where I might find one, I can't even get an image of one from google thats not on his bike or find anywhere that sell replicas.
Cheers Darren

Is this the correct one....I can do you up the artwork if you want in photoshop....you could then do what i did for my Super U bottles....

Attachments

• kas2.jpg
    kas2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 1,163
I had 2 examples of the KAS team bottle along with a collection of vintage bottles that I sold over a period of 3 years. This is just part of the collection taken when I first brought it home. Most of what you see here has moved on to other collectors.

Attachments

• cycle water bottles.jpg
    cycle water bottles.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 1,153
whilst there seems to be a healthy interest in period trade team clothing to set off your vintage steed I'm surprised that no enterprising soul has (to my knowledge yet) introduced replica classic bottles to provide that finishing touch on your handlebars or down tube, there definitely is a market out there as I've recently sold a couple of original Evian Tour de France bottles from the 1960's..........both going for over £40.00!

kettlo":cdb5x318 said:
Is this the correct one....I can do you up the artwork if you want in photoshop....you could then do what i did for my Super U bottles....

Thats the one exactly. I'd be keen to know whats entailed in this if you could let me know that would be great. Also can you get plain bottles very similar to this?
Cheers DD :D

I ahve done some artwork up in photoshop, very quickly mind you, so it is not completely accurate yet. Just a start. You could take this to a local Sign Makers, the ones that do vinyl decals and get them to print out on clear vinyl. Then use this as a wrap around for a oplain white bottle. Not perfect but should last for a while if you are careful. I am currently scouring the net for a source of white bottles similar to the TA ones. Seems to be impossible. But I am still looking.

Attachments

• Kas Bottle Artwork.jpg
    Kas Bottle Artwork.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,113
kettlo":2ou3gccc said:
I ahve done some artwork up in photoshop, very quickly mind you, so it is not completely accurate yet. Just a start. You could take this to a local Sign Makers, the ones that do vinyl decals and get them to print out on clear vinyl. Then use this as a wrap around for a oplain white bottle. Not perfect but should last for a while if you are careful. I am currently scouring the net for a source of white bottles similar to the TA ones. Seems to be impossible. But I am still looking.

That is magic Thankyou so much, I'll certainly do that. Ill also get looking for suitable white bottles and let you know if I find any
Cheers Darren :D :D

I'll work on the artwork to make it more accurate. I will then make it a "double piece" so that the printers can print it out in one go and it wraps right around the bottle, hopefully making in resistant to pulls and rips. I have ssen some bottles that are similar to the TA ones but they have black printing on them. I have been told that acetone should remove the print from them. I am going to order some and try it out. If so I can let you have these for cost plus postage. You could then just get your stickers done...

kettlo":3a5d76dh said:
I'll work on the artwork to make it more accurate. I will then make it a "double piece" so that the printers can print it out in one go and it wraps right around the bottle, hopefully making in resistant to pulls and rips. I have ssen some bottles that are similar to the TA ones but they have black printing on them. I have been told that acetone should remove the print from them. I am going to order some and try it out. If so I can let you have these for cost plus postage. You could then just get your stickers done...

That sounds great, yes acetone will remove it, Im a chemist! but be careful not to use too much or it will start to melt the plastic, wipe off with water though it will evaporate quickly. That or you could use a brillo pad or sandpaper. I'd be happy to get a bottle off you but I'll also try and source my own, I'll have a look and let you know
DD :D

Back