Any one heard of Carless?

antozzi48

Dirt Disciple
I've just bought a bike and would really appreciate some help on the maker.

Its made from Reynolds 531 tubing and I've dated the Reynolds badge to 1975-79, the frame has a makers name of Carless and I can find nothing on this name? It has a full Campy chainset and hubs with Cinelli bars and stem so i'm guessing it was a reasonable bike in its day but internet searches come up with nothing. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Attachments

• Carless.JPG
    Carless.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,835
.......you could start with this bike shop that's listed on the net

<< G Carless Cycles 15 Hightown Crewe Cheshire CW1 3BP tel:01270 213642 >>

Thanks for the leads. There's a rather lovely Flandria on the forum and i'd noticed the similarities, I was just having a look on the BR website.

Dave Hinde used to be their wheel builder before he started his own business. They were frequent advertisers in 'Cycling'.

They also had a model railway side to the business. A one-stop-shop for me!

Now ive got it home I can see it has EO stamped in a diamond and I think that's a BR trade mark along with the wrap over seat stays, it also has a frame number of 270 but I'm not sure if that is just a model reference?

antozzi48":2nxltus3 said:
Now ive got it home I can see it has EO stamped in a diamond and I think that's a BR trade mark along with the wrap over seat stays, it also has a frame number of 270 but I'm not sure if that is just a model reference?

Must admit, I wasn't aware that (ANC Halfords team "Peugeots" aside) Brian Rourke ever built "outside" jobs.

David

EO and diamond stampings were usually an Everest manufacturing mark, Everest being the manufacturer of the BB shell.

Shaun

Back