Accidents happen

Mr.Toad

Senior Retro Guru
Somehow the forks managed to survive unscathed.

Not my doing,. Frame and fork were included in a small cyclist hoard I picked up yesterday.

Attachments

• Mercian Side.jpg
    Mercian Side.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 277
Shame as I like Mercian's :) Nice workshop..........even room on the bench for glass / small libation at the end of the day.

Are you going to mend it?

Shaun

Thank you. The shop is quite comfortable, what you can't see is my dart board and beer cave. It's an actual cave which keeps the ale at the perfect temperature.....

I've had thoughts of having the frame repaired but i'm guessing it would be very expensive. I will probably just hold onto the frame/fork and seatpost for a while with thoughts of a future restoration.

A classic 531 front-ender... ➡️ ➡️ []... The over-engineered fork transfers the impact to the top-tube and down-tube, presumably just beyond the butts in the tubes.. so I heard.. not talking from first-hand experience, well, not with 531, anyway.

Maybe green frames really are unlucky? and somehow it often seems to be Mercians that get photographed in this state... wasn't there a yellow one a few months ago?

Year of manufacture should be either the first two or last two of the serial number, if there is one.. '70s?

Serial 126381, 1981?

I really like the color, lots of sparkle. Luckily some nice parts were still attached which I hope to put to good use.

Back