help with a "Brian Rourke" frame?

lesz42

Retro Newbie
looks like a Brian Rourke frame, but no number on the BB, just a stamp of a triangle with the letter E and a 0/O ?

seatpost details

is it a brian rourke? or something else? please help!

E in a diamond is the BB manufacturers mark. If you are stripping it some decals may come to light.

Shaun

Midlife":22y3pvhb said:
E in a diamond is the BB manufacturers mark.

Everest perhaps? They did make framebuilding components - my old Cougar had an Everest braze-on for the front mech. If it's a modern-ish frame, there's a good chance it's a Rourke although the wrapover seatstay isn't exclusively a BR feature (much less common as a whole than it use to be though).

David

although the wrapover seatstay isn't exclusively a BR feature (much less common as a whole than it use to be though).

But this particular style of wrapover stays, where the stays join the back of the seat tube instead of the sides and the wrapover bit is wide and flat, is not used by other makers, at least I haven't seen any.

fiks":1on8eb78 said:
although the wrapover seatstay isn't exclusively a BR feature (much less common as a whole than it use to be though).

But this particular style of wrapover stays, where the stays join the back of the seat tube instead of the sides and the wrapover bit is wide and flat, is not used by other makers, at least I haven't seen any.
This is the seat cluster on what is now my Flandria 'homage' machine. Very similar but I am 99.99% certain it isn't a Rourke.

Attachments

• FlandriaHomageFrame.2.JPG
    FlandriaHomageFrame.2.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 823
lesz42":f1cd3ntj said:
is a good frame? or just a frame? i have no idea!
Oh, I would say it's probably a good one. A full photo of it all would be good to see.

Interesting that you frame appears to have no frame number.

I have a 1996 Rourke mtb with no number, although that frame and my 95 road frame both have Everest bottom bracket shells.

Latest posts

Back