Newbie from Venezuela

Esperame

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys

Just a few lines to say hello and introduce my self as a vintage stuff lover. Since I can remember I like the objects made years before present time, a particular likes for the '50 design like cars, furnitures and appliances in general. In fact I use to say to my friends "... if you find something old who is not married with anyone you can bring it here and I will find a place ...".
So if you put together vintage and bicycles I am in heaven, since the very first time I visit RetroBike I been lurking enjoying what you guys did with those wonderful gems so I soon decided to start my own collection since one is not enough I just purchase a 1991 Cannondale SR600 from a friend of mine but I decided to updated (I posted it in the readers rides) to use it on regular basis but I have the hunch that it is just the beginning.
As a bicycle mechanic and handy man I hope I can contribute with the forum in some way in the near future.
Thanks from the sunny lands of Caracas Venezuela

Hi,

Welcome to RB - i would be interested in some pics of Venezuela as i am not well travelled and you are far away - very far away!!!

Richard

hahaha very funny Richard where are you from and what kind of pictures do you want from Venezuela or maybe a particular kind of info.
Thanks for the welcome and here is some pictures of my last MTB travel last January to the mountains located in the Venezuelan Andes when we ride between 3500 and 4300 meters over the sea level. This is a very isolated part of the country but for sure very beautiful

IMG_20130111_123529_zps05cd1038.jpg

IMG_20130111_123508_zpsf6a6bb62.jpg

IMG_20130110_124303_zpsc861b859.jpg

I know it is not a road bike but MTB is my main ride :LOL:

Amazing vistas what a beautiful country indeed. And yes I would post these in the MTB section or there is a thread int eh General off topic section called Today's ride" that would work as well.

Wow,

Great pics - i am in Northern Ireland - a green and wet place - and it is cold too. I am interested in seeing other places and your pics look amazing.

Thanks,

Richard

Great pics, Esperame, and always good to see different perspectives. Pic 3 background looks like it's a superb 'hanging valley'. Any word on that?

ORS":2aeouszu said:
Great pics, Esperame, and always good to see different perspectives. Pic 3 background looks like it's a superb 'hanging valley'. Any word on that?
Well as I said the area were the pics where taken is very remote and isolated, almost pristine in certain parts, in fact there are places you simply can not get there, we were over a path through the mountains and the valley in the the pic #3 is more far away than it appears is a kind of optical illusion for me the pics looks like some photoshop treated one but trust me those mountains are there :p
Hope this help

Latest posts

Back