Bolts and nuts

TGR

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Mornin' all,

Could anyone please advise about the availability of quill bolts - i have a couple of rusty ones and would like new ones - can these be bought easily OR can i obtain them from a hardware/engineering suppliers?

Also, on a similar vein, clamp bolts for stems - in this case a Cinelli - where is the best place to obtain these?

Any answers which state "in the same shop which sells AX hoods" will be ignored!!! :D

Thanks all,

Richard

TGR":p0qn7l7h said:
Mornin' all,

Could anyone please advise about the availability of quill bolts - i have a couple of rusty ones and would like new ones - can these be bought easily OR can i obtain them from a hardware/engineering suppliers?

Also, on a similar vein, clamp bolts for stems - in this case a Cinelli - where is the best place to obtain these?

Any answers which state "in the same shop which sells AX hoods" will be ignored!!! :D

Thanks all,

Richard

Better than that - now I'm mostly on threadless stems I have one or two (ex-3TTT from the 1990s I think) in my bits box. I'll have a look tonight, measure 'em up and drop you a PM. I don't imagine they'll cost much to post out if you do want them.

David

I think I've got dome quill bolts too. And I think I still have a new unused cinelli clamp bolt

All PMs replied to!!!

This will pull me out of a hole, but can they be sourced elsewhere?

Thanks David and Andy

Not sure about the quill bolt, but I can measure the cinelli clamp bolt later, it might be a standard size that you could source anywhere. You can have mine if not :)

Andy,

Thanks,

Richard

p.s. have you any snow??????????? Do you want some?????????

Andy, thanks for sharing that - i really appreciate it, as i am sure everyone in the UK does. I have popped into the house to get a coffee so i can get some feeling in my fingers. Once the feeling comes back i will direct a 'V' sign in your direction - south west i think. Oh, and not the victory sign!!! :D :D :D :D

Regards,

Richard

....... i'll get my coat - and not for the usual reason :D

No problem Richard! It actually rained a couple of days last week, but not much. We're into shorts and short sleeves riding weather now, unless going for an early start when knee and arm warmers are needed :LOL: Not that I'm riding much though :cry:

TGR":1iwrwenq said:
All PMs replied to!!!

This will pull me out of a hole, but can they be sourced elsewhere?

Thanks David and Andy

Apologies - didn't have chance to check those bolts last night. I was too done-for when I finally got in from work around 7:30. :oops:

David

Back