Retro Ronde Ready to Roll??

Gracie

Retro Guru
Well having signed on for the Retro Ronde ride at the end of May I am left with the task of finding a suitable ride. I currently have two steeds in the stable my Daccordi Turbo which I am unable to date accurately and is currently running retro/modern (if mid 90s is modern these days?!?) and the mysterious Pat Skeates 50s ride that needs a lot of work and effort investing.

So I am looking at getting a bike 'off the peg' so to speak and would like to open it up for opinions and suggestions. Also if anyone has a suitable 'ready to roll' bike in fairly good nick that is pre-1987 and in the size range 56-58cm I would be interested in seeing some pics

A quick bit of forum trawling has uncovered these two:

A super condition Raleigh Record Ace
http://www.lfgss.com/thread102334.html#post3449919

A very clean Koga-Miyata Gentsracer
http://www.lfgss.com/thread101944.html

What do you think??

I love the Koga - you could ask the seller is he has other options - if it is the guy i think it is, he seems to have quite a few.

So two for the Koga-Miyata then, it is my preferred option so far too. I will lose the seat pouch and source a darker blue tape for the bar and I will be very happy to ride it.

I am sure it is the same bloke that you are thinking of TGR, his name is Dirk and seems to have a never ending stock of lovely Kogas and has a particularly distinct '89 Roadwinner equipped with Sante that has really caught my eye. Maybe I will get him to do me a deal on both!

I actually did not look at the link but it is the same guy. I think he had bikes for sale here too. I would like a Koga myself but cannot even justify looking at the moment!!!!

Richard

TGR":2c75ziz6 said:
I actually did not look at the link but it is the same guy. I think he had bikes for sale here too. I would like a Koga myself but cannot even justify looking at the moment!!!!

Richard

This is a bit of reward for being a good boy for about 9 months now and keeping the house fairly free of piles of rusting gold! It's not been easy Richard :LOL:

Addiction is always hard to beat!!! I am not buying anything more this month - except for a BB and other bits which i am buying today!!!!!! And i am not buying any more bits from today onwards.....

Obviously this strategy is not working!!!

Addiction it certainly is and forums such as this just facilitate our addictions, in fact none of this is my fault and is actually the fault of Retrobike and you guys!

So that's 3-0 to the Koga-Miyata which has surprised me a little although it is the one that I prefer most and have been back a few times to look over the photos again.

I missed out on a very nice Chesini by a day but the seller offered me one of his personal collection that is in perfect condition despite being nearly 50 years old. Very tempting but would always be worried about ruining it :oops:

Going to give myself a couple more days before I make the decision

Latest posts

Back