Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:57 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: fignon's handlebars
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:28 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Whoaa! Result well done this deserves only the finest spray job, what a find!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:33 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Great news...I'm glad it has turned out to be something authentic, and to think I was in two minds about buying it myself! He who hesitates etc.

Martin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:02 pm 
Retro Guru

Well done Matt, I had a feeling this was gonna turn out well for you. It just looked right, frame wise, not paint wise. I saw your posts to that guy in cyfac on the Fignon inspired frame and just had a feeling but Jaysus thats a bit pricy for the respray when you add on all the NOS C-Record stuff that you will be looking for....

Stephen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:34 pm 
Retro Guru

kettlo wrote:
Well done Matt, I had a feeling this was gonna turn out well for you. It just looked right, frame wise, not paint wise. I saw your posts to that guy in cyfac on the Fignon inspired frame and just had a feeling but Jaysus thats a bit pricy for the respray when you add on all the NOS C-Record stuff that you will be looking for....

Stephen

Cheers Mate, it's a lot of money I know!! Going to have to think about it. I kind of think it's worth it though, and the frame deserves it. I am not worried about NOS, and I have the brakes already (bought 3 years ago and never sold luckily!!). Frame also came with C-rec headset & bottom bracket.

Argos would cost about £200, so whats £100 more!! Assuming it comes in at the lower end!

Matt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:17 pm 
Retro Guru

Penfold6290 wrote:
Great news...I'm glad it has turned out to be something authentic, and to think I was in two minds about buying it myself! He who hesitates etc.

Martin

Now I feel bad!! I was waiting over a year for one to turn up, and being honest this is a bonus, but it's only really a talking point. I am sure another will turn up if you are patient. Anyway, your build looks a class act itself.

Matt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:28 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Matt_wood55 wrote:
Penfold6290 wrote:

Martin

Now I feel bad!! I was waiting over a year for one to turn up, and being honest this is a bonus, but it's only really a talking point. I am sure another will turn up if you are patient. Anyway, your build looks a class act itself.

Matt

Crikey, don't feel bad! You have a piece of history there and I hope you're able to build it up to its former glory. I will keep an eye out for another, you never know what will materialise, and when it does I'll have a full C Record group to transplant onto it!

M

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:03 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner

I've just remembered that Desmondo on here has a similar frame with LF stamped on it. Wonder who's that could have been then :? :wink:

It's not rideable (to corroded) but as there seem to be a few ex-team frames around, I wonder if Raleigh sold them off in the UK?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:04 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Wow ,blown away by all this ! Seems have gone from none to about 5 replica bikes being built up ................Amazing stuff,think Matt struck Gold there and to the original OP ,great bike ,great taste :D :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:15 pm 
Retro Guru

TimeTrialAce wrote:
Wow ,blown away by all this ! Seems have gone from none to about 5 replica bikes being built up ................Amazing stuff,think Matt struck Gold there and to the original OP ,great bike ,great taste :D :D

I think when they are all done, we need to meet up! I am just South of Notts.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:28 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Matt_wood55 wrote:
TimeTrialAce wrote:

I think when they are all done, we need to meet up! I am just South of Notts.

Dorset here...we need to do a sportive or something...I'm going to ride mine when I do the Wiggle Jurassic Beast in May.

Martin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next