How to Spend It

American Friend

Retro Guru
Vintage racing bikes get the official seal of approval in the ultimate guide to conspicuous consumption, the "How To Spend It" supplement in last weekend's FT.

Oh dear...

Not being a regular FT reader I have no idea whether this is a developing bubble or a bursting one..... either way I don't expect it to do me any good..

Bagpuss you may need to think that through before commiting to action... :)

As a regular FT Weekend reader, I have no idea either, it probably means nothing actually, but I was pleasantly surprised by the journalist's evident knowledge of and enthusiasm for the subject.

Thanks Vivelesalpes for posting the link. :)

torqueless":1urb23d6 said:
Oh dear...

Not being a regular FT reader I have no idea whether this is a developing bubble or a bursting one..... either way I don't expect it to do me any good..

Mrs B only has to look in the garage to know this {As far as I am concerned.} :facepalm: :oops: :LOL:

bagpuss":qv07t2n0 said:
torqueless":qv07t2n0 said:
Oh dear...

Mrs B only has to look in the garage to know this {As far as I am concerned.} :facepalm: :oops: :LOL:

Only the garage? Come on, your not trying! What about the shed, loft, cellar, spare room, conservatory etc. as well! ;)

I actually found the article to be well written, doubt it will have much affect on prices of old race bikes. None the less maybe I should re-think the bike garage as less obsession and more investment portfolio? (har big joke)

I think a vintage bike of good provenance represents a reasonable investment. Not a lot of point hanging on to cash these days.

I just hope it does not go the way of the classic car market in the '80s.

Saying that looking at the price that some people pay for Pinarellos and Colnagos on eBay I think some bikes are more collectable than others.

Back