HELP!! Eddy Merckx Corsa colour codes

retroracer

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys,
I have just recently purchased an Extra in the Deutsche Telekom team colours, all in original paint…..instead of the first car. But it has some minor chips and scrapes that need sorting out; due to the fact it is steel and has partly rusted in one scratch. Does anyone please know the paint colour codes?! If at all possible a paint with metallic flakes. And where to purchase?!
Thank you,
James.

Hi mate
Not quite sure what code your looking for, is it a RAAL code for touching it up or is it the original Merckx paintcode?
The original codes were as far as I know more just a code for the paint scheme. My Corsa Extra is DRW, which is more the scheme than the individual colours. Thats all thats mentioned on the build card regards colour.
Up until the Miesse factory shut recently after the sale of the brand you could get your Merckx repainted/refurbed for a reasonable cost by the guys who probably did it originally. Not sure how true it is but a freind from germany told me recently that when he was last in Belgium that one of the guys is set up on his own respraying, dont know anymore but certainly worth investigating.
Not much but hope it helps.
Jamie

Hi Jamiedyer,
Thank you for the reply! I am after a getting a couple of touch up pens made up to match the paint work as close to the original as possible. Hopefully with a pearlescent finish. In pink, white, and black. So I suppose I need to find a RAR code to match the original. Do you please know where to start?
Thank you,
James.

RAL colour charts can be found on line, and any decent paint manufacturer will send you one, or you could try a local commercial decorating supplier / wholesaler.

You could also try visiting a decent car body shop, as they can scan the frame colours and then have an exact match made. Not sure what it would cost for just a touch up pen, but it may be worth a try.

Have you looked at the humbrol enamel paints that model makers use? They come in loads of colours, but I'm not sure about metallics.

The Humbrol metallics do have a limited colour range from memory but worth a look if you have a decent toy/hobby shop nearby. For obscure colours I would, in complete seriousness, suggest nail polish (can't remember where I found that tip, may have been the Haynes cycling manual) - I had to go down that route for the metallic purple on my old Orbit America. The staff in my local Superdrug didn't seem to object to some fella lugging a pair of 531c forks around the cosmetics section....and I did get the colour I was after at a bargain price!

David

Back