Wiggo's bike in the flesh

trickylad

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So Sky Pro cycling came into the office for a presentation and brought Wiggo's actual TDF time trial bike from 2012 with them. I got a little bit excited and sort of refused to leave. Before they kicked me out I took a load of pics which I thought you might like to see. So, here you go..

Yes I am the berk in the suit.

c07ce90912d1e52077f992b42459d077.jpg

1733560a8356d29a22f7aabd0c308ba1.jpg

Check out how square his chainring is

e4655de4cbf80af978f6e33bcb89163c.jpg

7c6f33aaedaddbabcee09c3f090177b5.jpg

Not sure if this makes him go faster..

ca7e50838b935fb5433e5d566a0cb420.jpg

188a19c8b75436eb38ebd128d4ef29ee.jpg

b9d1a206a13a73b771c7c1a863a721dd.jpg

Worth a cool 20G. Note the amazingly short wheelbase due to the position of the rear wheel..

fa71115a799679d196ea732bc95512fc.jpg

Hope you liked them

TL
:shock:

actually i don't think that is such an excessive drop, especially considering how tall he is. but how narrow the armrests are looks quite uncomfortable.

what i am surprised about though is the lack of SRM power cranks, could've sworn he used them during TT's

If it is his TT bike they've done a lot to it. He had loads of spacers under the arm rests for start - and they're not the type of bars and extensions and brake levers he used. The seatpin is different and the number 1 sticker wasn't on the bike when he won the last TT but there was a 'Sky' sticker fixed just above the seat tube. There was also a lot of writing (advertising Toray carbon?) along the sides of the top tube just in front of the seat pin. And his chainrings were black with power meter cranks and his front wheel was a tri-spoke. However, a lot of the details are correct, mismatching brake stirrups, black and white saddle for instance.

I was given the Brad Wiggins calendar for Xmas which has large photos of him on 'this' bike which I've used for comparison.

Old Ned":pvs8tj8i said:
If it is his TT bike they've done a lot to it. He had loads of spacers under the arm rests for start - and they're not the type of bars and extensions and brake levers he used. The seatpin is different and the number 1 sticker wasn't on the bike when he won the last TT but there was a 'Sky' sticker fixed just above the seat tube. There was also a lot of writing (advertising Toray carbon?) along the sides of the top tube just in front of the seat pin. And his chainrings were black with power meter cranks and his front wheel was a tri-spoke. However, a lot of the details are correct, mismatching brake stirrups, black and white saddle for instance.

I was given the Brad Wiggins calendar for Xmas which has large photos of him on 'this' bike which I've used for comparison.

Looks like it's a warm up bike for the turbo trainer from the sticker on the wheel...

jonnyboy666":svjwnqjr said:
forgot to ask why it was there? what's the connection where you work?

i work for Sky's advertising agency. They were in to talk about Sky Velo and offering us the chance to get involved in their organised rides

From the forensics above it might not be as was billed to us by the Sky people. Still, I'd have gladly taken it home. And I touched where Sir Bradley's nutsack has been.

Nice welcome to the road part of the forum

From the forensics above it might not be as was billed to us by the Sky people. Still, I'd have gladly taken it home. And I touched where Sir Bradley's nutsack has been.

Nice welcome to the road part of the forum

It's clearly a Sky TT bike which probably was used at some point by Wiggo... which makes it pretty cool in my books!

I think it could be the bike he used in the 2012 TDF (pics are below). If it is, the custom bar/stem combination has been removed, and the wheelset changed. That makes sense to me- if I were his mechanic I'd be keeping that stuff safely tucked away

Pics from the 3 time trials in the 2012 TDF (all individual):

Prologue:
wiggins1-501x421.jpg

Stage 9:
WigginsTDF9_712-029-303x421.jpg

Final TT (stage 19):
s19wiggins.jpg

Back