New BB and Crank New PROBLEMS

watchorn_luke

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys, just installed a new 102mm bb so I can fit my campagnolo chorus cranks to my raleigh record road bike. All was well and it works but when I dry to change into the bigger ring on the front the FD hits the crank arm before it can change gear. It used to work with my old crank. Its like my crank just needs to go in towards the frame a tiny bit or something. Oh yeah my FD is a campagnolo record. How you guys can help!
Cheers

If adjusting the screws doesn't improve it, maybe you need to make the FD cage narrower? Try removing the spacer at the aft of the cage and substituting something a bit shorter, or bodge it temporarily by packing out the inner cage plate with a bit of tin can or something, just to see if narrowing the cage will work. This is Record, not c-record? Band-on?

Tricky to make the FD cage narrower (which is what it needs from the description), seems like a mismatched crank / FD. Were you running a compact before the Corus?

Pic would be worth a thousand words :)

Shaun

i assume you're running 10 speed with that b/b axle length?

is the front mech cage parallel to the chainrings, meaning not at an angle. is the front of the cage that hits the arm or the rear end of it? is it matching year record? i tried mixing an older record front mech and a newer veloce chainset a while ago and that was a little troublesome but more because the chainset was compact and the mech wasn't. also do you have it at the correct height from the chainring?

pics would really help

Well I'm an awkward git and I'm on a old 6speed raleigh record with campy chorus rear mech and chorus cranks I think the front mech is normal record the clamp on one. The crank I was running before was a sugino and practically the same. I'm using friction shifting gear leavers so the change of the gears isn't a problem. Will try get some pics up very soon guys! Thanks for the input

Yeah I though it was a risk but managed to get it to work with the index shifters aswell but use the friction as its smoother. But the shell needed some tweaking to get the 102mm bb in lol

Back