Harry Hall

spudo

Retro Newbie
Hello All,
I am newly registered and a keen cyclist.I have stumbled across an old Harry Hall bike and have been bitten by the retro bug.
The frame is quite rusty but has come along with mostly period Dura Ace equipment.I just need a nice pair of Dura Ace wheels.
The frame has Reynolds competition tube and has decals saying "Race series" on the frame.Does any one know anything about the history of Harry Hall as i cant find mention of the race series any where.Thanks very much for any info. forthcoming.

Always been in Madchester since 1957, in fact they are still there, although Harry himself has passed on I think in 2007. Harry was most famous for witnessing the death of Tom Simpson and for being one of the great independent mechanics on the tour. I think he used to work out of a mini pick up.

Mike Kowal built a lot of Harry Hall frames and they've always been well regarded.

Be good to see some photo's :)

A chap near me has one, we got chatting when he saw my Raleigh Clubman and spent the next 20 mins talking about reynolds tubing, much to my Wifes amazement :LOL:

His is a brown/bronze coloured frame with chrome forks it looks very classic and going strong with the addition of some Shimano 105 gear :cool:

Robbied196":1hd74bbm said:
I think he used to work out of a mini pick up.

Here's a photo of HH's Mini pickup at the Vaux Grand Prix 1968 (from my copy of International Cycle Sport, August 196:cool:.

Roadking.

Attachments

• HarryHallPickup.jpg
    HarryHallPickup.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 424
roadking":1c05ivzd said:
Robbied196":1c05ivzd said:
I think he used to work out of a mini pick up.

Here's a photo of HH's Mini pickup at the Vaux Grand Prix 1968 (from my copy of International Cycle Sport, August 196:cool:.

Roadking.

Wow, my memory isn't as addled as I thought it was :D

Here's my ex Harry Hall

Attachments

• DSC01998.JPG
    DSC01998.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 414
i want a "Harry Hall" bike,just because my name is Harry Hall and so is my son,it would be good to have one,also i used to go every weekend back when the shop was in hanging ditch in manchester,always took my bike down the stairs,never left it outside,them were the days. :) :)

Thanks for your replies all.As soon as I find out about the "race series" I will have the frame stoved,and get on with making it a new proper steel bike.Used to restore old Austin Healeys but this retro bike thing has really grabbed me.Cheshire Cat end of March then I will sort this Harry and post some photos here.Thanks again for your posts.

Robbied196":vbw7p4ql said:
Harry was most famous for witnessing the death of Tom Simpson and for being one of the great independent mechanics on the tour.

That is a nice bit of trivia.

Robbied, that HH is one of the loveliest tourers I've ever seen!

Seriously want that bike......when did you sell it? I've noticed some other lovely bikes you sold recently via the online auction site, that shouldn't be mentioned! I recognise your kitchen island!

Honestly.....that, to me, is nigh on perfect!

Back