Miche 1" threaded taper roller headset

Marcevo1

Dirt Disciple
Ok - I was thinking campag... But price of nos is silly and I don't want to risk a second hand one (which still make silly money)

Thoughts please.... Miche headset - cheap at circa £21 and taper roller... And italian

Or is it worth paying for a new campy record one circa £43?

Anyone got experience of the miche one in regards to adjustment life span etc?

Marcevo1":38zq8n1b said:
Ok - I was thinking campag... But price of nos is silly and I don't want to risk a second hand one (which still make silly money)

Thoughts please.... Miche headset - cheap at circa £21 and taper roller... And italian

Or is it worth paying for a new campy record one circa £43?

Anyone got experience of the miche one in regards to adjustment life span etc?

I've got the threadless version of this headset. Looks nice but has an Achilles heel in the shape of the top headtube cup which is alloy rather than steel and soft-ish. Mine deformed somewhat on installation but the headset still seems to be working OK - see viewtopic.php?f=12&t=243035. Then again I did do the job myself, a good LBS probably won't make a pig's ear of it like I did. :oops:

On the positive side - other than the above comments design & production are good and it has excellent tapered roller bearings like those in the Stronglight A9. Oh, and keep an eye on stack height too!

David

I know Chickens cycles does not import the threaded version of the Miche headset. The threadless headset is simply the best 1" threadless headset about. Light and very relaible and smooth. I have one and I am very impressed.

Back