WHAT SIZE SPINDLE FOR C RECORD ERA CHORUS CHAINSET

boggy

Retro Guru
Hi im trying to find out what size bottom bracket to get to fit my c record era chorus chainset. Needs to be italian thread. Information doesnt seem to be conclusive and couple of LBS ive tried dont seem to really know. Modern bb's are 102mm on ITA thread. But ive been told the spindle will be too short and should get 111mm in lower end campag eg veloce or centaur or mirage. Can someone help with advising which size BB to get?

111mm is correct , modern Campag square Taper bottom brackets for triple chainsets are 111mm and work fine , I'm using one on my cross bike which has a 1st gen Chorus chainset.

If it's a 2x8 speed set-up, the 108mm BB is what Cliff at Royce Engineering recommends.
He spec'd this (rather than 111mm) for my 1993 C-Record Cougar to bring the chainset closer to the bottom bracket and fine-tune the chain line. Works flawlessly so 108mm is another option for you.

Have already supplied him with a 111 veloce as all the advice seemed to point to that length and advice re velo base website did state the original was a 111 spindle. It is for a 8 speed set up. Thanks for the advice.

boggy":xizixg9i said:
Have already supplied him with a 111 veloce as all the advice seemed to point to that length and advice re velo base website did state the original was a 111 spindle. It is for a 8 speed set up. Thanks for the advice.

Thats what I've gone for for a similar build..been out today and its perfect!

Back