• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Campagnolo 50th credit card

I believe it is in poor taste to copy one of these cards. If you were the rightful owner of the card, you should have it already. If you are not the rightful owner, you do not deserve it. If you were the rightful owner and had accidentally misplaced the card, you would be registered with Campagnolo and could likely get a replacement from them. If you bought the gruppo without a card, you should have benefitted from a discount on the gruppo, as it appears reasonably well-established that the gruppo with a card will generally sell for more than a gruppo without card.

Citoyen du monde":2lwf9i78 said:
I believe it is in poor taste to copy one of these cards. If you were the rightful owner of the card, you should have it already. If you are not the rightful owner, you do not deserve it.

how superior of you!! how is life in the castle, anyway?!

:roll:

Montello":1963fshq said:
How is this any different to, for example, having repro transfers done to re-finish an aged frame with flaked off decals?

HEAR HEAR!! my poor old eddy merckx frame would be "tubeless" if it wasn't for the nice shiny new columbus SLX transfers i've just slapped on it - and YES, it's a genuine merckx corsa extra and YES it's columbus SLX - i can feel the rifling inside the tubes too!

hey, maybe i'm shooting myself in the foot here - it could be TSX and not SLX - dear oh dear....perhaps i put that decal on in haste and "poor taste"....

:roll:

:LOL:

IMO reproduction transfers and tubing stickers made by a random person are "fake", in the sense they are not original. Restorations (ie new paint and graphics) are "fake" as well, except when done by the original company and even then it's still reproduction paint and transfers although "genuine" (ie done by the original company). The same goes for newly done engravings on components. But it's an extreme view and I wouldn't expect many to agree with me.

However with the 50th groupset card, there's an additional problem. What about the number? Say you got hold of one card, are you going to use the same number for the repro, leave it blank, or make one up?

And unless you've got the box and all the packaging stuff, and maybe have bought it as a whole groupset, what's the point of having a repro card?

Montello":2h7003am said:
Seems some view my frame as fake as I have had that repainted and added new decals.

that's like saying joan rivers is not the real joan rivers because she's had her face pulled so many times!!

if it is today what it was born as then, it's an original alright...

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back