Campag Athena multi function rear mech

Marcevo1

Dirt Disciple
Does anyone know if you can get spares for a 1989 ISH first edition Athena rear mech? Or is it the case of when broken or lost bin :(

Attached showing the bit I mean

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 422
Notorious for getting lost that bit. Probably have to see if someone has one kicking about or you could try Campyoldie (sp?)

Campoldy

Whatever happens, don't bin it! There are 101 people out there who will be happy to let this gather dust on their shelves, on the outside chance that a part will turn up.

Seriously: isn't it still usable, albeit in a restricted capacity?

I have three of these which also need this bit. Rumour has it that the Victory and Triomphe mechs also use this same piece.

Campoldy has one of these in stock, it is listed on his stock list under 'Spares' and is described as the 'signet ring' insert.

An interesting find Simplex: have you dealt with them?

No address, no phone number, no prices?

Some of the product details are wide of the mark: apparently the Chorus chainset was the same from 1991 to 2000 and Record front derailer [sic] the same from 1992 to 2000.

I'd need some reassurance before handing over my hard-earned with no more than an e-mail address with a Hungarian domain to go on.

Cheers guys - convinced I can find or borrow (to copy) one.

Far too nice a mech to bin. It's strange how you get preferences of kit which 'theoretically' isn't as good as another - but visually it's more pleasing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 321
its a beautiful lump of metal for sure :)

Look for old Xenon rear mechs which were physically the same but not finished as well and had inferior materials used, had that bit you want though and is handy for spares....

Back