Unidentified Seat Post - USP!!!

TGR

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Evenin all,

An easy query for someone - but who knows the answer?

I have a well used and abused seat post which requires some effort to clean and polish etc. Due to the condition is is almost impossible to read the makers name - so i will supply you with what i think i can see and, hopefully, some bright spark will be able to identify it. The writing says -

Brev SP???AX Italy

It looks like the SP bit is a logo and looks like a bicycle although it is very faint. Honestly, there may be additional letters but due to damage i cannot see them. The logo at the beginning of the word should be the clue that is needed to identify this. It is defo a road bike in the small logo.

After another look, it may begin with the letter O - but my eyes may be deceiving me.

The seat post is an aero 27mm diameter, pics may help but i doubt it.

All help appreciated - winner may get a beer!!

I know. I know what it is Richard!! Its one of these isn't it....ok i'll get my coat :roll:

IMGP1826.jpg

IMGP1854.jpg

It is incredibly like that Ian, most peculiar but did you see the O possibility - Spec Savers may be a new option - perhaps i am not joking this time!

From the Van Tuyl Richard? Don't know what make it is but as you say Ian's pictures are so much like the one you have that I thought that it was actually your pictures.

Spooky! (or am I missing something!?) :?

Spooky describes it well, i will need to get Scooby Doo on the job!

It is the Van Tuyl one.

No bright ideas anyone?

After further forensic examination (my eyes are now sore) i see some letters stamped on the end of the bolt - again, these are distorted and extremely difficult to make any sense of - as they are stamped around the edge of the bolt it is hard for me to make sense of them - here you go -

. . O B O I . . B . B or

B . B . . O B ? I . .

The sets of double dots are in the centre of the line and the dot between the b's is like a full stop.

I am not sure if this helps, but i can only hope.

Thanks all,

Richard

Yet another look - having had the benefit of 'sunlight' and a bit os squinting i think that the post reads

OP ? MAX but i am not sure about the OP - these letters still look like they have been combined into a bicycle logo and there may be a letter between them.

Anyone have a number for CSi Miami?

Thanks all

Tel,

Are you sure? Obviously, i am not doubting your knowledge, but i cannot find a pic on the net of the logo - might be my computer skills - again!!

Richard

Fairly sure. I vaguely recall studying the post to make sure I wasn't giving away some rare gem worth a fortune and concluding it was Promax, I could be wrong though....

Back