rusty bodie wrote:
and do you have that big odd looking cone plate on the freehub side too?
it's actually part of the gear side cone itself...
OK....having just successfully put my new Sunrace 8sp cassette (see "Bargains" category) on the road bike, it's a tailor-made opportunity for a progress update rather than just relying on my memory, so....
1) Hub is a fairly recent HG incarnation, bought in 2007 from Wiggle - it's 7/8/9/10 compatible
2) Drive and non-drive axle ends have a chromed cone retainer nut with built-in outer flange
3) Outside flange diameter is 18mm
4) Inside diameter of the splined Sachs freewheel tool (I also have a Shimano freewheel tool as per the top-right corner of Glider's photo - it works equally well) is 19mm so quite a snug fit over the flange!
Apologies for not having any pics to support this - how does it compare with the hub you've been working on?
"Not so much a religion as a savings club for people who think Star Trek's a documentary"
- Marcus Brigstocke on Scientology