Please help identify this frame - 60s??

jujupunk

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I picked up this chrome frame off ebay sometime last year and just stuck it in my shed forgetting about it. When I was bidding on it the seller was under the impression that it was a Chas Roberts due to the head badge. I knew this wasn't the case but the frame did intrigue me.

I know nothing of the head badge and can't find anything about it through searching. The head badge either says GR or RG, not sure which one. I have been looking at a list of frame builders names in the UK and can't find anything that fits. Help is appreciated.

The components date to the 60s. The brakes are GB Coureur '66' centre pulls which date to around 1961(?) The brake levers appear to be GB/Altenburger dating from 1964(?), the saddle could be Lycett L. 15 Saddle (1960s) and the Campagnolo Gran Sport derailleur dates from 50s+, not sure how to date this as it's extremely rusty.

Any ideas on what this could be?

B14T2oUl.jpg

VeEQaVyl.jpg

3Yx0Uk1l.jpg

rAkmBATl.jpg

PDnloNPl.jpg

G2uZQTXl.jpg

B2HgpEgl.jpg

wTrHgz0l.jpg

pvhjNC0l.jpg

TvvvV5sl.jpg

9j1xs3cl.jpg

chipper":t9mylbsn said:
That looks like a Carlton early 60t's , I think the badge looks a bit home made .

I Agree the badge does look a bit home made, so it could be a replacement ? But not so sure about it being a Carlton, did they make bikes with wrap around seat stays?

Looks like a chromed Carlton International........... not sure they did them in all chrome though.

Is there a frame number anywhere?

Shaun

Midlife":3p18rp2x said:
Looks like a chromed Carlton International........... not sure they did them in all chrome though.

Is there a frame number anywhere?

Shaun

Doh, I knew I forgot a picture, cheers

m0l6Zm8l.jpg

7 digit number (ignore the other) could place it as a pre-1973 carlton when they started the two letter prefix numbers.

A shed load of Carltons had the wrap round seat cluster.....even mt Carlton Cobra all chrome :D

Shaun

Looks to me like a Sun Worksop.

Ive just sold one on ebay, was advertised here also, ill link some pictures through so you can compare.

Latest posts

Back