Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:31 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:57 pm 

Hello. I'm trying to find my Peugeot PKN 'Competition' which was stolen from our front garden shed in London N5 on 13 Jan 2013 (with my wife's and daughter's bike).

I cycled across USA on my Peugeot in 1980 when I was 14, so I'm a bit gutted to have lost it. I've got alerts on ebay, Gumtree, local bike shops, Twitter etc. To be honest, I've only come across this fine site while searching.

If anyone spots it (there was a similar bike, but not it on Gumtree over the last couple of weeks), I would be very grateful. I'm attaching a photo/poster and the distinguishing details below.

Thank you

Distinguishing features: new Shimano PD-M324 pedals, mis-matched gear levers, a loose bit of plastic on the underside length of the saddle, Airzound horn white clip on handlebars. Unworn tyres etc after big overhaul.

Attachments:
petesbike@gmail.com.JPG
petesbike@gmail.com.JPG [ 105.65 KiB | Viewed 264 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:51 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Ah what a shame. Likely it could have been sold at Broadway or Columbia road markets maybe? If it had been for sale there I imagine they would have tried to shift it quick but may be worth heading down there incase in this weather they haven't sold it. Will keep a look at for it. Cross your fingers they weren't looking for metal to scap?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:53 pm 

Thanks Menon. I planned to go to Brick Lane yesterday but thought bike sellers and buyers would probably have been put off by the snow. Quite a lot of people, groups and shops have said they'll also keep an eye out too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:14 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Thieving Basta*rds! This is why I never have any bikes in my shed.

I feel sorry for you Pete, I got a bike stolen many years ago and still think as to it whereabouts.

You reported it to Police ?

Did you tell anyone you kep't the bike in the shed ?*!*!*

Check with any local scrap metal recycling yards ?

Check any local pawn brokers & second hand shops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:54 pm 

Thanks Ian. Yes, told police. The bikes were in a well-known 'bike storage' shed. So anyone would know they hold bikes. There are dozens around here where space is tight. It's metal and was cut open like a sardine can, to my horror, round the two untouched locks. How they did it without someone hearing or seeing is a mystery.

The 'shed' company are replacing the door/roof free of charge with a prototype more secure one. And it will be alarmed and with a camera on it once it's back in use. We had five bikes (now have two) and I feel daft that the least used but most valued was one of the three to be taken (other two in the house). Lost assessor coming tomorrow....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:21 pm 
Old School Grand Master

That is an absolute disgrace, i would like get my hands on the thieving ****ers and i am sure i am not the only person with that attitude.

I would be inconsolable if someone stole my Rapide - they could take any other bike but not it.

as a matter of interest do you use any of the GPS tracking programs/aps?

I will keep my eyes open but doubtful it will appear here. Have you told lfgss and ctc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:52 pm 

Thanks TGR. I've just posted on lfgss, but not ctc - so will do.

Not sure if you mean GPS apps for security or sport.... Occasionally use for sport

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:17 pm 
Old School Grand Master

The aps which track your ride. I read that people can track bikes they see out and about on Stravia (wrong spelling i think) and that the aps have settings so you cannot get tracked home. I don't know too much about this (obviously) but i am sure someone here will.

****ers who took your bikes grrrrrr