BSA Ladies Town Bike

jfoot

Retro Newbie
Hi Guys!

Acquired a BSA Ladies Town bike for my other half to potter about on (see picture), was looking if any of you guys could identify the rear hub on this lady, it has the same logo as the crank arms, tried to Google but found nothing (see picture).

She has a Philips single speed cassette on it (see picture) and was looking to see if any of you guys knew how to properly take off the cassette, before I go in and end up taking a hammer to it :D

Many Thanks

Jack

http://www.pinkbike.com/u/jfoot/album/BSA/

If you want to remove the single speed frewheel then you need to get the right dog tooth removing tool or dismantle the thing by removing the locking ring and putting the remanider of the frewheel in a vice...........

That bloke making something logo looks familiar ?

Welcome

Shaun

The two slots are for the removal tool. Typically a packet of chocolate digestives will see the freewheel removed by your local bike shop. My guess is that the freewheel is Maillard, as made in France.

Cheers guys!

Will i need a FR-2C Suntour 2 pin free wheel remover if i wanted it to do it myself?

Many Thanks

Jack

The dogs may be a bit narrow spaced on a 5/6 speed frewheel remover...........IIRC the removers for SS had wider spaced dogs.

LBS will have it off in a jiffy :)

Is there something wrong with it?

Shaun

Back