I'm shattered Lance!

ph billet

Dirt Disciple
I started racing in 1978 and rode my last competitive race in 1995 , I began as a new rider as a fan of Merckx then Hinault and LeMond and to Lance Armstrong ,bought the Motorola shirt, watched the tour highlights on SBS TV taped every edition, now the dream is over wont be using the shirt any more, it's just so sad this man came back from cancer, gave me hope for my wife, Lance can do it sweetly so can you,I'd tell her.
Cycling is still my passion as it has been for 35 years this sport is bigger than one man I am sure it will survive its just very sad :cry: :( .......go CADEL.

he cheated and yes he's a disgrace to sportsmanship, but from your personal perspective, he's still driven and came back from cancer, cant take that away from him.

Unfortunately, and judging from the rumours that are circling around pre Oprah broadcast, the shit is about to hit the cycling fan in a big way :cry:

Sorry but just how does this affect my riding or watching?
A grumpy git who moaned about himall the years he was riding and was told to stop it. I assume all those fans have apologised as well :LOL:

The problem now is where does it stop been in bed ill all weekend so been catching up loads on dvds including 5 hours of 2009 Tour. Watching lance storm up one climb chasing down the leaders he looked like he was on fast forward compared to everyone else. You could even raise a eye brow at Wiggins , Out of nowhere just sitting with ease with the worlds best climbers covering their breaks. or another year my beloved Jens pulling the train like a man possessed for miles killing the peleton up a climb to then drop right back to the car pick up all the bottles bring them right back to the front THEN catch back up with the leaders to again pull the socks off of it. Sad really

The curtain has been pulled back to reveal the wizard manipulating the levers. Except it's blood rather than levers that he is manipulating.

I'll certainly think of professional cycling as WWE (going back a bit, but Ulrich as Hulk Hogan?) but after a while I will get sucked back in to believing as it's happened before and will happen again. More fool me.

Bottom line, as above, "if it's too good to be true...." - how many times does that apply in the last decade, including the couple of years since the 'clean' Armstrong retired for a second time? Hyperbole? Perhaps so, but why is the greatest grand tour rider currently competing known as Dirty Bertie?

Cynical? Definitely. Realistic? Only time will tell.

look at the riders who have come from nowhere, the "also rans">

bjarne riis, marco pantani, floyd landis and even lance armstrong. they were all good riders but certainly not outstanding champions like merckx, hinault, fignon and lemond. sure, lance won the world champs but there is not a history of top professional wins there.

i don't keep up with modern day pro cycling so correct me if i'm wrong here but what major professional road races has wiggins won prior to his remarkable tour de france victory?

:roll:

rusty bodie":3mu5fhc9 said:
i don't keep up with modern day pro cycling so correct me if i'm wrong here but what major professional road races has wiggins won prior to his remarkable tour de france victory?

:roll:

Paris-Nice, regarded as one of the major events outside of the big three Grand Tours. Oh, and the 2012 Tour of Romandie plus back-to-back editions - 2011 & 2012 - of the Dauphine Libere (first Englishman since Brian Robinson took the crown in '61).

David

Back