Re paint and chromer recommendations?

bikenut2010

Senior Retro Guru
Hi I need a frame repainted with forks and seat stays chromed, my buddy is out of action for a while so can anyone recommend someone who does a great job and has reasonable charges?

thanks

Please define resonable.
I always use Mercians for paint work and Derby plating services for chrome work.
Argos cycles {Bristol } if Box lining .
Always best to take a Frame in and discuss with shop.
As you will know Chrome work is all about preperation.Nickel as bonding surface for the Chrome plate.

As with anything you get what you pay for.

bagpuss":z3qr1y25 said:
Please define resonable.
I always use Mercians for paint work and Derby plating services for chrome work.
Argos cycles {Bristol } if Box lining .
Always best to take a Frame in and discuss with shop.
As you will know Chrome work is all about preperation.Nickel as bonding surface for the Chrome plate.

I usually pay 120 for a two colour enamel superb job, 50 for fork rechrome?

Looked at getting my old San-Remo forks fully re-chromed and was certainly over £100 .............

Shaun

As with anything you get what you pay for.[/quote]
I usually pay 120 for a two colour enamel superb job, 50 for fork rechrome?[/quote]

Good price....I would wait till this chap is available again.

bagpuss":1q15i3og said:
I usually pay 120 for a two colour enamel superb job, 50 for fork rechrome?[/quote]

Good price....I would wait till this chap is available again.[/quote]

really! that's the plan...:)

I know they arn't nearby, but try C&G finishes Liverpool, very knowledgable, been going forever and certainly do a brilliant job from what iv'e seen.

Argos in Bristol - top finish. Re-chroming is expensive with forks, entire rear end and front mech hanger coming out at around £400 :shock: And that doesn't include any paint!

LDP":wdgd6m1k said:
Argos in Bristol - top finish. Re-chroming is expensive with forks, entire rear end and front mech hanger coming out at around £400 :shock: And that doesn't include any paint!

ouch!

plus 1 for mercian, had a rocky mountain re finished there, they did a great job. and it is always good to have a sniff around there shop and look at the lugged wonders in there

Back