Need help identifying some Campagnolo Hubs PLEASE.........

cij28

Retro Guru
Hi,

I would be very grateful I any of you campy officiando's could help me.

I have just bought a set of Ambrosio Excellence TQB 36H Rims with Campy Hubs and have no idea which model they are or even what speed the freehub will be either.

I only bought this morning so cant give any measures or additional pics at this stage.

I am guessing as no oil port and not a freewheel but a cassette that these are probably 8 speed?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

David

Attachments

• $T2eC16FHJHYE9nzpcDT9BQ8U5lUh7g~~60_58.jpg
    $T2eC16FHJHYE9nzpcDT9BQ8U5lUh7g~~60_58.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 574
  • $(KGrHqJHJFcFDS6gw0DqBQ8U4lu,bQ~~60_58.jpg
    $(KGrHqJHJFcFDS6gw0DqBQ8U4lu,bQ~~60_58.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 574
they look like chorus, i think. not record as they have the oil port in the middle of the hub shell. i'm not too hot on hubs that modern!!

:LOL:

These are low end 8sp Mirage or Veloce I'm afraid. Record and Chorus have the central ridge with the removable grease port clip and Athena have the engraved band.

Campy Hubs

Ok guy's thanks for responses!

The wheels cost me £60 delivered all in so not too concerned that they are not top end hubs.

Campy Hubs

I would be grateful of any help on this, can send more pics when they actually arrive.

Reason I would like to know is that I want other components to match ideally as restoring a 1983 Scapin Sprint - I know these wheels are later than 83 but will see what this brings in terms of date and model first before deciding to use them.

Lastly, is there any issue using a 8spd if this is what these are assuming a 130mm sizing on a frame that was made for 7 spd at 126mm?

Thanks

Re: Campy Hubs

cij28":2p340d9i said:
I would be grateful of any help on this, can send more pics when they actually arrive.

Reason I would like to know is that I want other components to match ideally as restoring a 1983 Scapin Sprint - I know these wheels are later than 83 but will see what this brings in terms of date and model first before deciding to use them.

Lastly, is there any issue using a 8spd if this is what these are assuming a 130mm sizing on a frame that was made for 7 spd at 126mm?

Thanks

A good start would be to look through Campagnolo catalogue scans from this site to get a better ID on possible other parts in this groupset. I found the Veloce groupset in the 1993 to be the earliest record of the non-central banded 8sp rear hub, you can download the pdf of the catalogue here - http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... atalogues/

Campy Hubs

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I am going to sell the wheels on as dont feel comfortable with the fact they are 8 speed and 10 years newer than the frame they were going on.

I have managed to purchase a full NOS Campy Victory group which is more in keeping with a 1983 frame anyway.

Cheers

Back