Columbus SLX Diameter

TGR

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Morning all,

Would anyone happen to know the diameter of Columbus SLX tubing? I am trying to source a seat post for a frame meade of this tubing.

Thanks all from a freezing Norn Iron!!

Sorry TGR I didn't get back to you did I....

Not sure on the size, your best bet is to measure the post that I gave you with the frame as I have had more than one SLX that took a 27.0mm.

You could try the post from your Rapide which is probably 27.2mm. It's normally stamped on the post but as you know the one I supplied with the frame is rather scratched up!

Tel,

Thanks, i will try and locate it, i did not want to miss a post on ebay today.

Hope you're having a less stressful day than me!!

Yes I'm having a pretty stressless day thank you ;) If it is 27.0mm I have a couple of Campag seatposts here; a chorus and a C-Record neither are bargain basement stuff though.

Hope your stress eases....

Tri-colour!!!!!! I love your polished Campag bits but maybe next build!!

plus 1

R....plus 1 for 27.. a framebuilder told me that this happened sometimes as they used the wrong end of the seat tube when building the frame,!!! it can also happen when they don't ream or think there will be strength issues when reaming any seat tube after building the frame.. i have had several with this issue.. i'll check and see what i have to hand and bring them with me tomorrow.. will

Re: plus 1

will911":1bs92b6y said:
R....plus 1 for 27.. a framebuilder told me that this happened sometimes as they used the wrong end of the seat tube when building the frame,!!! it can also happen when they don't ream or think there will be strength issues when reaming any seat tube after building the frame.. i have had several with this issue.. i'll check and see what i have to hand and bring them with me tomorrow.. will

Isn't one end of SLX rifled ? I have 2 Merckx SLX frames and they are both 27.2 (and a Brain tubed Strada OS thats 27.4)

Back