Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:20 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:04 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Darryl, it's worth getting photo's and putting the mtb's in the pre 97 classifieds. There are a few of us who ride both, but generally speaking you'll hit a wider audience if you either put a separate advert over there, or a link from there to an advert here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:42 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider

with such a pedigree , contact John ( site owner ) and I am sure he could make an excption and have all your for sale stuff valued in one thread .

but to get a larger audience ( and a better price ), ebay might be better .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:13 am 
Old School Grand Master

Personally I'd keep most of it IMHO unless you need the money.

I'm 53 and scour e-bay / retrobike to get back the collection I had in 1978.

I open the garage door to throw the horses rug in (long story) and catch sight of my sad collection of bits I can't build back into what I had... I know you have a lot of stuff and I guess people on here are keen to take your history, but after all it's your's.

Shaun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:15 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hi, Dazzricles, as earlier echoed, greatness in superabundance. Fantastic career. Been a long time since I washed the gold and black Central Scotland Wheelers jerseys at the wrong temp to a mud grey in '84. By far the fastest cycle those jerseys ever went...

Re your question: a 753 Inkley-forked MW Webster hill climb special? I'd easily pay some odds (if I had it or if it was near my size, 58-ish). Seriously, got to be worth easy a couple+, possibly a whack more, surely? Mind you, if a Regent Connor-Esso Dave Hannah speziali was to appear at the same time, or a McGinty, Gilchrist or...

Anyway, good luck with any sales and I suppose Ed's already figuring out how much he can now jack up already extortionate forum subscriptions...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:15 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hi, Dazzricles, as earlier echoed, greatness in superabundance. Fantastic career. Been a long time since I washed the gold and black Central Scotland Wheelers jerseys at the wrong temp to a mud grey in '84. By far the fastest cycle those jerseys ever went...

Re your question: a 753 Inkley-forked MW Webster hill climb special? I'd easily pay some odds (if I had it or if it was near my size, 58-ish). Seriously, got to be worth easy a couple+, possibly a whack more, surely? Mind you, if a Regent Connor-Esso Dave Hannah speziali was to appear at the same time, or a McGinty, Gilchrist or...

Anyway, good luck with any sales and I suppose Ed's already figuring out how much he can now jack up already extortionate forum subscriptions...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:16 am 
Dirt Disciple

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:27 am 
Dirt Disciple

Edit : double post

Last edited by ORS on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:27 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hi, Dazzricles, as earlier echoed, greatness in superabundance. Fantastic career. Been a long time since I washed the jerseys at the wrong temp to a mud grey in '82. By far the fastest cycle they ever ever went...

Re your question: a 753 Inkley-forked MW Webster hill climb special? I'd easily pay some odds (if I had it or if it was near my size, 58-ish). Seriously, got to be worth easy a thou+, possibly a whack more, surely? Mind you, if a Regent Connor-Esso Dave Hannah speziali was to appear at the same time, or a McGinty, Gilchrist or...

Anyway, good luck with any sales and no doubt Ed's already figuring out how much he can now jack up the already *extortionate forum subscription levies... 8) :shock:

* Just a thought: Is there a tip jar here???