Right. Decision made. I'm going to go tubular on my new (old) winter bike. I wanted to use as many parts that I already have as I could and that includes a set of wheels. I have never used them before so I have a few questions:
1. Glue is better than tape?
2. Assuming this to be the case, I was going to get some of this. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vittoria-Mast ... 337a741d9b
Fine for the job or do you have your own stuff that you have found to be better?
3. Do you really wait for 24 hours for the glue to dry? Is it still sticky after that long?
4. How much cleaning , that is removing of old glue, do I need to do before putting new stuff on?
5. Is tape or a telephone a better option in case of puncture out on the road?
6. Would some sort of tyre sealing slime ruin the feel of the ride?
Sorry for all the questions but after 25 years of cycling, I'm a little new to all this. Thanks in advance.
Today's mood... Middling, middling to poor.