Carlton ID

Ideale

Old School Hero
Having looked at Spokesmanns [revamped?] website I'm sure my sorry-looking Carlton F + Fs is a 68/9 Corsa [like the mauve one!] I have the wheels so just need advice on suitable kit to get it going.Ideas?

you are probably looking for Simplex gears and some kind of steel crankset with Weinmann brakes and a Brooks / wrights saddle? Ebay may hold the answer!

Brakes would have been Wienmann centre pulls, saddle Brooks B17 or a B5N, wheels were large flange hubs with steel Rigida rims. Chainset would have been a steel affair, single or double. The front mech would be Huret. My version is pretty stock, save for the rear mech, wheel hubs and new saddle - so use that as a guide. My rear mech was a Campagnolo steel Valentino Extra... The bike dates from the period 68-72, although i think mine is at the early part of this 4-year window. Paintwork is a polychromatic mauve with imichrome decals. Lugs were Crespera. Tubing was 'Tru-wel' high tensile steel.

Hope that helps. I can give you more images if you need then. Good look with the build.

Back